Monday, July 19, 2010

raw chocolate zucchini muffins

Today I wanted to create something Larabar'ish - and it was delicious.

I call my creation Raw Chocolate Zucchini Muffins.

What you'll need:
  • approximately 16-20 pitted dates
  • 1/4 cup oats
  • grated zucchini, about 1/2 medium zucchini
  • 1/4 cup shaved coconut (i used unsweetened, but you can use sweetened)
  • 2 tbsp cocoa powder

How it's done:

  1. Put dates into processor and grind until smooth.
  2. Pour the rest of the ingredients into the food processor and grind until smooth (or semi-smooth).
  3. Spoon mixture into greased muffin tins.
  4. Place muffin tin into freezer and freeze until set.












You won't regret these! They're rich and chocolatey - I love them!



3 comments:

  1. Yummm! I have always wanted to recreate a Larabar! Awesome idea! And I need to answer your questions but I am falling asleep so I will do it tomorrow morning :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look so good! Melty and squooshy and just plain delicious.

    ReplyDelete